The mission of Friends for Sight is to work passionately each day to save sight and change lives. We do this by providing free vision screenings, working to ensure that people of all ages and backgrounds have access to quality eye care, and disseminating information about eye safety, threats to vision, and available community resources.
To address our mission, here are ways that we can support you:
We provide FREE vision screenings following full safety precautions
- Remember that a full eye exam at a doctor's office is recommended every year.
- If you are looking for a free vision screening, we have open screening hours on Wednesdays at both the Liberty and Glendale Community Learning Centers or by appointment at our Cottonwood Heights office. Please call 801-524-2020 for details.
- If you are a school, business or community event and would like our trained volunteers and staff to provide free vision screening, click here and submit your request.
If your child needs a full eye exam or has had glasses in the past and needs a new pair
- Call your health plan for a list of participating providers and benefit information. Most insurance medical plans provide eye exam coverage.
If your child does NOT have medical insurance (including Medicaid) AND your child is eligible for the free or reduced school lunch program
- Call Natalee at Friends for Sight (801) 524-2020, or email . We have programs in place for free eye exams and glasses.
- We can also help children and adults in need of replacement/broken glasses who have a valid prescription.
Kindergarten screening certificate
- Utah state law requires a certificate of vision screening prior to entering school, which we can help you with. If your child was screened by Friends for Sight, click here to request a certificate or call our office for an appointment for a screening.
Access to quality eye care for adults
Working with a team of incredible, generous eye doctors who volunteer their time, we provide free eye exams and prescription glasses for those who qualify.
- For adults: click here to see requirements and application.
- If you are a school who is interested in hosting a SightFest event, where your students could receive free eye exams and gasses at your school, please click here for more details.
- Each month we highlight eye health and safety issue on our landing page, Facebook and Instagram. Please click here to see the full list.
- We rely on trained volunteers for our screening program and offer full training. Please click here for details.
If there is anything else we can help you with, please call our office at 801-524-2020.